- Copyright © to the HeartScore® web-based programme and its content is owned solely by the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). All rights reserved.
- ESC copyright materials may not be reproduced in whole or in part by persons, organizations or corporations other than the ESC, its affiliates, divisions and units without the prior written permission of the ESC.
Conditions of use
- HeartScore® is a risk assessment and management program aimed at supporting clinicians in optimising individual cardiovascular risk reduction. It is intended to be used by health professionals only and not by the general public. Any information contained herein should not be understood or used by any person as a substitute for obtaining medical advice or treatment from a physician.
- The ESC does not provide professional medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis, treatment or endorsement, but rather provides the physicians with a risk assessment tool to better identify patients at high total risk of developing cardiovascular disease. In no event will the ESC be liable to the user or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information contained in or provided through the HeartScore® web-based program, nor for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages.
- HeartScore® and the published paper charts of the European Guidelines on CVD Prevention show minor differences. This is due to the use of two different statistical models. The published charts use a Weibul-model with specific models for each sex. The program HeartScore® uses a Cox-model with sex as a risk factor. If you have any doubts about using HeartScore®, it is recommended that you use the published paper charts.
- This site does not host or receive funding from advertising.
The ESC is committed to protecting the privacy of its HeartScore users and has adopted this privacy statement to govern our conduct and document our commitment to privacy:
- If you expressly and affirmatively provide any personal information to us, we will not share that information with any other party. We will not contact you unless you request that we contact you.
- From the information we learn about you from your visit to this site, we store only the following: your login details to the ESC Online Services from which you access the HeartScore web-based program, the date and time, your patients’ medical data, and the browser used to access our site. Your patient’s medical data and your personal data can be deleted upon request to email@example.com.
- Within the framework of the French and European legislations, all private and nominative data are encrypted and processed by the European Society of Cardiology on dedicated servers hosted by a partner having all agreements with regards to health data protection and regulations. Data cannot be accessed by anyone other than the physician and restricted personnel of the ESC.
- It is the clinician’s responsibility to ensure that his/her patients are aware that their personal medical data will be encrypted and securely stored on the ESC server and to seek their approval before proceeding.
By accepting this disclaimer and using HeartScore, you agree to:
- Guarantee that your patients are informed that their medical data will be hosted on dedicated servers hosted by a partner having all agreements with regards to health data protection and regulations. (for the web version) or on your computer for the (PC version)
- Obtain your patient consent before proceeding, by using the patient consent form provided by the European Society of Cardiology. Data will be encrypted and stored safely.
- Comply with the applicable legislation relating to the protection of personal data in your country of practice.
- Comply with the patient’s right to access, rectify or delete their personal medical data, according to the law N°78-17 of January 6, 1978, amended in 2004, relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, should your patients wish to exercise this right. Patient records can be deleted directly in the Heartscore web-based application.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the French laws with jurisdiction in the court of Grasse, France.
Registration with the HeartScore® web-based program indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in this disclaimer.