The HeartScore® web-based program has been scientifically developed by the European Society of Cardiology in close collaboration with:
- The HeartScore® Steering Committee
- The Research Centre for Prevention and Health, Glostrup University Hospital and Copenhagen County, Denmark:
- Troels Thomsen, MD, PhD
- Michael Davidsen, Statistician
- Torben Jørgensen, Director
- The Steno Diabetes Centre, Gentofte, Denmark:
- Knut Borch-Johnsen, MD, Chief physician
- The Medical Department M, Glostrup University Hospital, Denmark:
- Hans Ibsen, MD, Chief physician
- The Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland:
- Tony Fitzgerald, Statistician
HeartScore® is the result of a partnership between SCORE and Precard.
The calculation model used in the program is based on the SCORE project (Conroy R.M., Pyörälä K., et al.:"Estimation of ten-year risk of fatal cardiovascular disease in Europe: the SCORE project". European Heart Journal (2003) 24:987-1003) comprising a total of 210.000 individuals. The regional models are based on a calibration of this function to national mortality statistics.
The ESC wishes to extend its thanks to the all the Centres for their collaboration in providing data for the SCORE project.