- Copyright to the HeartScore® web-based program and its content is owned solely by the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) - © ESC 2007. All rights reserved.
- ESC copyright materials may not be reproduced in whole or in part by persons, organizations or corporations other than the ESC, its affiliates, divisions and units without the prior written permission of the ESC.
Conditions of use
- HeartScore® is a risk assessment and management program aimed at supporting clinicians in optimising individual cardiovascular risk reduction. It is intended to be used by health professionals only and not by the general public. Any information contained herein should not be understood or used by any person as a substitute for obtaining medical advice or treatment from a physician.
- The ESC does not provide professional medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis, treatment or endorsement, but rather provides the physicians with a risk assessment tool to better identify patients at high total risk of developing cardiovascular disease. In no event will the ESC be liable to the user or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information contained in or provided through the HeartScore® web-based program, nor for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages.
- HeartScore® and the published paper charts of the European Guidelines on CVD Prevention show minor differences. This is due to the use of two different statistical models. The published charts use a Weibul-model with specific models for each sex. The program HeartScore® uses a Cox-model with sex as a risk factor. If you have any doubts about using HeartScore®, it is recommended that you use the published paper charts.
- This site does not host or receive funding from advertising.
The ESC is committed to protecting the privacy of its HeartScore users and has adopted this privacy statement to govern our conduct and document our commitment to privacy:
- If you expressly and affirmatively provide any personal information to us, we will not share that information with any other party. We will not contact you unless you request that we contact you.
- From the information we learn about you from your visit to this site, we store only the following: your login details to the ESC Online Services from which you access the HeartScore web-based program, the date and time, your patients’ medical data, and the browser used to access our site. Upon request, all medical data can be deleted.
- Within the framework of the French and European legislations, all private and nominative data are encrypted and stored on the ESC server. They cannot be accessed by anyone other than your physician and restricted personnel of the ESC.
- It is the clinician’s responsibility to ensure that his/her patients are aware that their personal medical data will be encrypted and securely stored on the ESC server and to seek their approval before proceeding.
- HeartScore is part of the ESC Web Site and as such, sits within a protected environment. The ESC works to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input, thus complying with the CNIL recommendations.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the French laws with jurisdiction in the court of Grasse, France.
Registration with the HeartScore® web-based program indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in this disclaimer.